Here's another easy recipe from Bree at The HIIT Project. Just yummy, gooey scrumptiousness really! Try Bree's Raw Caramel Slice:
In a food processor blend together the below ingredients then line the bottom of a cake tin.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut shredded
- 3/4 cup dates soaked in boiling water (1 min) drained
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
Blend together the following ingredients then pour onto base layer then store in the freezer.
- 1/2 cup date paste (2/3 cup dates blended with 1/4-1/2 cup water)
- 1/3 cup tahini (hulled)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or more if you like ;) )
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 scoop Choc Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
Stir together the following until smooth, then top the partly frozen slice before placing back into freezer.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder mixed with equal part water (optional)
Top with any additional nuts/fruits for decoration and additional texture!
Don't forget to tag us (@tru.athletic) if you post your creations on Insta or Facebook!