PB & J Raw Home-Slice
This recipe comes courtesy of Bree Filippone of The HIIT Project. It's an easy, chuck-together-bung-in-the-freezer deal for PB lovers and it tastes amazing!
For those of you who can't do peanuts, simply substitute for almond butter or more tahini or omit it altogether.
In a lined slice tray, prepare each of the following layers in order:
Add to a food processor:
- 1 1/2 cups Dates (pre soaked in boiling water for 2-5 min)
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Mesquite Powder
- 2 scoops WPI Protein (Bree uses Chocolate WPI by Protein Supplies Australia)
- 1 tbsp Cocao Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
(This base is also the recipe to Bree's protein balls. Just roll into balls and roll in 1/3 cup of crushed nuts).
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
In a bowl, mix together until smooth:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice malt syrup/agave/honey (optional)
Mix together until well combined:
- 1 cup mixed berries (warmed with 1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup/agave/honey (optional) OR 2 tsp stevia
Melt & mix together
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp stevia (optional)
- Dash of water/almond milk
Simply follow each step in order and layer up a slice tray as you go. You may even like to use cupcake molds for generous portion control measures. HA! Then throw your creation in the freezer for 2 hours or until set.
Take out 10 minutes before serving (if you have the will power...)
If you have a crack at this one, show us your handiwork on Instagram by tagging us (@tru.athletic).
To see more of Bree's recipes, click here to be taken to her blog page.